How to install a third-party watch face on Mi Band
How to install a third-party watch face on Mi Band? Despite the fact that the Mi Band fitness bracelet does not have special ways to customize the system, it can still be made better. If we are talking about free methods, then you can always delve into the library of watch faces and find a suitable one, since the newer the Mi Band, the more standard watch faces are sewn into it by default. The problem is that over time they all begin to bother, so there is a desire to find more and more new images. Can it be done? Of course yes! Today we will explain how to add new watch faces to any Mi Band.
How to install your watch face on Mi Band
Before you start installing, you need to download a new theme or a whole collection. You can take them anywhere: you should not be afraid, since they are just an archive with splash screens in the .bin format, which will come in handy for us. Inside the folder, a file in .xml format is also stored with a description of the Mi Band dial, as well as its version in .png. And then everything is very simple.
- 1. Log into Zepp Life on your Android smartphone.
- 2. Click “Profile” and select the device on which you will change the watch face.
- 3. Click “Store”, select any watch face and install it on your Mi Band by clicking “Sync watch face”.
- 4. How to install your watch face on Mi Band. Install the watch face you like, after which we will replace it with a new one. A photo.
- 5. Install the watch face you like, after which we will replace it with a new one
- 6. Be sure to close the Zepp Life app. We will launch it later.
- 7. Now open the file manager: follow the path “Android – Data – xiaomi.hm.health – 58 (sometimes 59)” and select a folder with a name from a combination of letters and numbers.
- 8. This folder is where the standard watch faces are stored. Copy the name of the .bin file and delete all files.
- 9. Open the archive with the new theme and copy the .bin file (or all files) to the folder from which everything was just deleted.
- 11. How to install your watch face on Mi Band. There will be three files in the folder, we copy the name of the one with the .bin extension. A photo.
- 12. There will be three files in the folder, we copy the name of the one with the .bin extension
- 13. After that, you need to rename the new .bin file by pasting the copied name from the clipboard.
- 14. Open Zepp Life and go to the watch faces section as instructed above. Select “Administrator” and apply the new watch face.
How to install watch face on Mi Band 7.
By the way, if you want to install the watch face on Mi Band 7, then you will not need to rename the new files under the old name and delete the stock themes. To do this, you will need to download the watch face and extract it to the same folder as indicated in the instructions above using Zepp Life – it offers to select custom versions using the download button.
You can also use the Mi Fitness app to change the watch face – we wrote about why it is needed in our article – be sure to read it! It works in conjunction with third-party applications that already include a variety of themes. As a rule, applications are free, but some watch faces open only after payment.
- Download the watch face app.
- Select the desired watch face in the Store.
- Click the “Download” button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Allow access to files of the Zepp Life application – sometimes such a request appears.
- Click “Use this folder”.
- Select Using Mi Fitness and select your device.
Ready! In this way, even the new Xiaomi Smart Band 7 can be pumped.
How to change Mi Band watch face on iPhone.
Given that the versions of Zepp Life for iOS and Android are very different, you will only have to change the Mi Band watch face on iPhone using special applications. The fact is that iOS is a closed system where there is no way to wander through folders with files, much less rename them or delete them. Unfortunately, you can’t download custom watch faces to Mi Band via iPhone – you can only use those offered from other applications.
Personally, I recommend AmazTools – a simple application that not only changes watch faces, but also tracks your steps and other indicators – a simple analogue of Zepp Life.
- Download it to iPhone.
- Open and give the necessary permissions: the smartphone will connect to the bracelet.
- Go to the “Screen” tab and select the suggested watch face.
- Click “Download” and “Install”.
- After about a minute, the watch face will be installed on your Mi Band.
It is convenient that the application works with different Mi Band models and does not require additional data entry, automatically connecting to Zepp Life.